Cut the side out, flip it over and screw down. Build some type of mineral holder inside and frame for legs. This design turned out to be more rain resistant than I thought it would be. I have since added more bracing to the legs. The goats like to scratch on it and push it around.
Made large openings with multiple ways in and out so they do not get trapped by the alfa goats. The doors on the end are large enough to drive a small tractor in to clean out.
Homemade barrel hay feeder for the goats.
1. Cut out the bottom and save it.
2. Cut a door out.
3. Create some type of hinge an latch for the door. I used wire for the hinges and wire wrapped around a screw for the latch.
4. Take a section of 4 inch by 4 inch fence and cut to fit in at least half of the circumference of the barrel interior.
5. Take the section of barrel that was cut out of the bottom and cut it in half long ways. Put a half on each side of the barrel interior to sandwich the wire tight to the barrel interior and screw it in.
6. Build the legs and support. Brace accordingly.
7. Could be hung from tree or some type of frame. Could be bolted to a wall etc.